Sunday, September 5, 2010

September Rain

Yesterday, the weather wreaked havoc and poured down on us like cats and dogs. It has never rained in September. Afterall, we're still in our Dry Season stage. The Wet doesn't start till about November. What's happening here?


Call it temperate climate, crazy weather, effects of global-warming, La Nina, whatever....to the kids, it was FUNtime.


The moment it blasted down with rain, they went straight into their bathers and out into the downpour for lots of wet fun.


First things first though. Brandon had to tend to his Japanese roses which he planted from seedlings. They're thriving and he lovingly placed his umbrella over them so that the heavy deluge will not crush his delicate roses. Gives meaning to the phrase "life's a bed of roses" doesn't it?

1 comment:

Vincent ckc said...

"And it rained 40 days and 40 nights?"So men began to invent boats and ships?Nice to see the kids enjoying themselves.I also used to do "rain dance" in Pandamaran,when it rained,washed my dad's Raleigh bicycle etc.And funny,after the rain,the "Thim Kai",will always visit us and offer us their flesh!What a generous offer!.Those were the olden days.Today,what you get is a Pufferfish waving his crooked thorn and a hybrid specied frog spitting at our faces!!!!BUT the rain is still the same.And the taste too?
Now I have a rough idea why it is raining and flooding like hell in Asia.Forget the Tokyo protocol,can use it as a toilet paper.Forget blaming God(when God will) and stop guessing and wondering.Everytime when somewhere is burning,we have heavy rain and flood a few days or weeks later(I had noticed).When Russia was on fire,in USA,the scientist could even measure the emission in the atmosphere.I think this is what they call go global.Some of the fire in Russia was set on purpose by geologists,scientists from Canada/Russia and the Nasa,some from careless smokers,some from lightning etc.Watch Feuerspringer in Siberien Part 2/3,you can catch a bit in english or get a German to explain.Burning thousands of sq.metres of forest in the name of research to test global warming and then blame global warming is plain irony.Some will ask,how can fire create rain.Everytime I boil water for my sphagettis in the pot,the cover of the pot produces enough water vapour like tiny drops of rain from the warm moisture,is the best way to explain to kids,I think?