Saturday, May 28, 2011

Jeepers Creepers

Aaarrrghhhhhh...!!!!!!



Last weekend, two of Brandon's classmates had a joint birthday party with a "Haunted House" theme and he was invited to it. He was quite excited about it at first, but I was sceptical. Being a true blue scaredy-cat, I wasn't sure how he'll take it.



Anyhow, I went with his flow and we thought of a character he could go as. He wanted to be a zombie, so off I went getting him some facepaint and concocting some ideas for make-up and attire. It wasn't anything superly-duperly flash....and I don't think it's worthy of Hollywood standard, but Brandon was absolutely thrilled with the end result, thanks to Chloe che-che and mummy :) Love the blood-stained mouth.



When we got to the friend's house, we were very impressed with the settings. They really gave it the works and created quite a spooky ambience....although it was still daylight at drop-off time. I couldn't resist taking some pictures. I love the CSI-style body marking; and especially, the tombstone with the chopped off arm.



Here are some of the spooks, ghouls, vampires, witches, zombies......and one Harry Potter! Hmmmm....



Despite me worrying about him being scared (eventhough the whole thing was fake), Brandon ended up having a ball playing games with his friends and watching some PG-rated spooky video clips, winning first prize for the mummy wrap game. See how meticulous his wrapping was, every layer straight and even! Hmmm...he must have gotten that off me.

No comments: