There doesn't seem to be much blogging on Chloe. Being almost-thirteen, she's entering that teenage world where doing certain things are UN-cool, like having your parents take pictures of you. When it's picture opportunity time, she's not to be found. But then again, she's at most time behind the camera taking artistic shots. Guess the 'Lee Family Photography' blood runs in her. I wonder if the 'Lee-Choo Masterchef' blood runs in her as well??
When this golden opportunity came, I just had to blog about it. Last week, her Home Economics class hosted a luncheon for the parents. The students were to organise their menu and select recipes to present to the parents. The menu showcase recipes that are authentic to particular countries of choice, also in line with Harmony Day, celebrating cultural diversity. Their assignment involves the whole rigmarole; from cooking, setting the tables to serving their guests in a professional manner. It's like Darwin Middle School's own Junior Masterchef show!
Her team chose Spanish rice for entree, Phillipines chicken and glass noodle for main and Leche Flan (aka Creme Caramel) for dessert.
The parents anxiously await to sink their teeth in to their yummy lunch. After the delicious aroma wafting through the building, the wait was unbearable.
Last minute instructions from Mr. Vanderwey, the Home Economics teacher. By the way, this team made roasted lamb shanks with pumpkin and potatoes. Too bad, it wasn't Chloe's team so Daddy missed out on the shanks! If he had his way, he would've snucked onto the other group's parents table.
Chloe's Filipino classmate, Donalyn, serving up the chicken in noodles, and the yummy Spanish rice all plated up and garnished. It was in fact very tasty.
Here are the girls preparing the dessert. Sorry I missed out on taking a close up of the Phillipines noodles, our main dish. I failed to mention that we brought 'Dennis the Menace' with us. So here we are in a classroom equipped with hot stoves and ovens, and rows of drawers of kitchen utensils, including knives. He was turning the dials on the ovens, opening drawers, clicking on plugs....he was definitely in his element! As for me, I didn't present my best social manners as my conversations with other parents got cut short every few minutes. I was mostly running after him, stopping to grab a bite off my meal before going off to find him again. Hence, no picture of the main meal.
Luncheon was finished off with Leche Flan accompanied with crepe wrapped bananas. The presentation was impressive and I must say all the dishes tasted very good. Well done to Chloe and her Year 8 classmates! (Note: hopefully I'll be able to blog soon about Chloe's first meal cooked at home for the family.)








1 comment:
"Waaah,very ungrrry lah!"
Adoi!pancit manok sotanghon,paella(Spanish rice?)and my very favourite Pinoy/Pinay dessert,leche flan.I love leche flan as much as chee cheong fun,meaning I can't stop eating it until a Lee button fly off(make its way alone) from my jeans.
You must try their halo halo,something like ice kacang.And chicken adobo,chicken afritada or palabok...MASARAP!!!!!
Post a Comment