Yesterday marked the end of Semester One....last day of school before mid-year break....the beginning of chaos in this household. It has been a busy week, what with school reports, class parties, sports carnival, school fundraising and assembly.
And so, this whole week I have been waiting with bated breath (the pushy mother I am) for any inkling of news that either one or both of my kids will get an overall achievement award for the end of semester. When Friday arrived, no phone call, no emails, nothing. I was admittedly disappointed. Then at the eleventh hour....the phone rang. The school informed me that Chloe is receiving an award at assembly...which was due to start in 20 mins!
I was elated and my heart was soaring! Quickly dressed up....picked up the sleeping baby (still in her pjs), put her in the car seat and off I went! Luckily the school is only 5 minutes drive away.
When I got there, assembly was just starting. Chloe was on stage, getting ready to sing the National Anthem. As I took pictures, I spotted Brandon sitting at the front of the stage. This means only one thing! He was to receive an award as well!! I was pleasantly surprised and pleased as punch.
The Values Award at the end of semester is for overall achievement in all areas at school, upholding school values and achieving school's mission and vision. Chloe received an award for Integrity and Brandon for Respect.
An added bonus was that, Chloe's class teacher as well as her library teacher both selected Chloe to receive the award for her integrity. So she achieved the same award for her class category as well as for her work in the library.
What a pleasant way to end the semester :)
E.





No comments:
Post a Comment