Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Surprises, Surprises

I am ashamed to admit that I do not spend that much time (one on one) with Alyssa as I do with Chloe and Brandon when it comes to academics. Much as I love being with her and having her by my side all the time, I tend to leave her to her own devices when I've got my own things to do.

Today was one of those days, when I plonked her in front of the TV with Dora Adventures on. After about an hour of not hearing a peep out of her, or not being harassed by her (oddly enough) I went to check on her. There she was sitting prim and proper, with a finished drawing in hand!

My baby can draw! I'm amazed because, I've not actually sat down with her and taught her to draw, or write. So I was dumbfounded that she did this. I'm so proud of my baby :) Also, she wrote the letter "A" all my-byself because that's her name. I will definitely miss her when she goes to pre-school next year *sob* *sob*.

ps. she has done a drawing...err...portrait of Yee Pak Kung when she was in KL last month on a piece of scrap paper. But this is the only time that she did a proper sized drawing on both sides of the paper :)


This is a picture of daddy (big head) and Alyssa (little head).


This is a picture of mummy (not so big head) and Alyssa (same little head).




1 comment:

Vincent ckc said...

Good drawings Alyssa,it is lively and not stale.The impression of your work must coincide with an Art admirer.
I had also started like you and ended drawing my mum from a photo,on the dining table,in House 98,in my 2005 balik kampong stint.The inspiration was there and with a ballpen,I had made no mistakes and I guessed,the portrait was good.
I asked a girl wonderer if my drawing was good?
She answered,"how I wish I could draw like you!"
In german there is a saying,"self praise is no praise!"
And I had won an admirer.And if you do not stop practicing,I'm sure that in the future,you will have lots of admirer,money and fame!