The littlest one in the family is finally off to pre-school! Now she declares herself a big kid ~ a term I use to refer to her older siblings ~ and she's proud of being part of that club. Not a baby anymore.
Daddy is so proud that his little girl is eager to go to school and learn. Mummy, on the other hand, is not taking it so well. With three years of having her constantly attached to me, I find it terribly unnatural her not being there by my side.
Other mums would console me and remind me of the freedom I have for peace and quiet, grocery shopping without having to leave my half-laden shopping trolley to rush her to the toilet half a mile away, being able to get chores done without any disturbance, etc. True as these facts may be, the absolute truth to me is that I'm missing her more than she misses me. What's most heart-breaking was that, after watching her settle in class, I went over to her to say good-bye and she said "Awww...can I stay a bit longer?" misunderstanding that I was going to take her home :(
Most important of all though is that she's loving it at school. Surely I can't discourage that.
It seems like there's only a handful in the class. There's actually 16 kids in total and the teachers have chosen to stagger the intake in batches through the week so as not to overwhelm the children on their first day. Alyssa is part of the first batch.
Here is evidence of her settling in and waving me off with not a worry in the world. C'ya later, mum!






2 comments:
You lucky girl!
Oh Lord,please tranform me into a kid again.I promise I'll be a very obedient boy.
KONG HEE FATT CHOY(old version?)to all in the family and lots of joy,
Ang Pow toy loy,
for the girls and the boys!
For those who have no Ang Pows,2nd option,
a very happy Valentine's day!
Post a Comment