Saturday, March 13, 2010

Brandon's SRC Badge Acceptance.


Yesterday was an auspicious day for Brandon. It was the day he received his SRC badge for being elected as a Students Representative Council for his class. Something like a Class Captain. His win came as a bit of a surprise to us considering that he didn't talk about it nor did he do much campaigning for this leadership role. Mind you though, I'm proud that he put his hand up to try for it and eventually won the vote of his peers.  Well done, Brandon!

Chloe, on the other hand, has always been under the radar. She finally emerged out of her shell to vie for House Captaincy. She spent a lot of effort on campaigning but closely missed out on the leadership role. Still, I'm proud of the fact that she has the courage and took the initiative to try for it. Regardless, she was chosen by the Principal to emcee the special assembly presentation which is a huge achievement for her considering she always shies away from being at the forefront. Hurray for Chloe!

Here they are, Chloe opening the badge presentation ceremony and Brandon waiting patiently amongst his successful peers. The Guest of Honour presenting the badges  was Mr. Michael Gunner, the Labour MP. (I apologise for the bad pictures. I brought my old compact camera and didn't realise it was already on the blink. So I didn't have a picture of Brandon accepting his badge :(  Note to self: Always bring the SLR no matter how heavy it is.)

Well done guys for achieving your personal best! You've done us proud.

This is Chloe's campaign poster. I just love her catchy slogan :)

1 comment:

Vincent ckc said...

Congratulations to both,BUT remember,to lead is more difficult than to follow.