Sunday, April 11, 2010

Brandon's 1st Soccer Game.

This year, Brandon has decided to take up soccer as his second sport and is loving it after the tryouts. How appropriate, considering that the FIFA World Cup is being held this year as well.

He had his first soccer match today. Firstly, let me say that gone are the lazy, sleep-in Sundays. Intra- and inter-club matches are mostly held early morning weekends. *Sigh* If he's loving it though, there's no stopping him :)

He had a good game with his team 'Thunder' winning over 'Lightning' 7-5. He's happy and motivated now more than ever.


Here they are getting sorted into teams. (I love the morning sunlight in this photo)




The boys strategising.



Brandon in action.



 

12 comments:

Vincent ckc said...

Wow!I really like the Adidas football boots from Brandon.Mine was the the typical black,his a stylo!

Vincent ckc said...

This is the first time that I had seen soccer players with baseball caps and the Sarawak Rangers headwear.How to do heading?

Edith said...

Australia has the highest skin cancer rate, so children must wear hats and sunscreen when outdoors - be it at school or any outdoor extra-curricular activities. These are just little kids so we parents have to be sensible about their well-being...until they go pro, then they'll go the whole hog with their uniform, including the all-inspiring $500 Adidas soccer shoes :)

Vincent ckc said...

Stupid me!How come I did not get the clue.I thought it was a trend.Anyway,just to give you some information about soccer and me.It is a German maniac game and I'm very happy to hear that Brandon like this game.It is a team game and without harmony and gotong royong,you will get to nowhere.Just like the Malaysian politics at the moment!.I think Brandon can be a team leader,if he stretch out his elbows and use his mouth to command.
I had started to play football with a "chopping ball",either an old baseball or a tennisball,sometimes with empty tins at La Salle Klang,while waiting for the driver(school taxi),from standard 1 to 3.Then we moved to PJ,section 14,and I continued to play soccer with almost anything that I can find on the road,while walking back from school(about 20 minutes walk).I was so good,I represented the under 12 BBBPS school team.I was also a very fast 100/200/400 meters runner.You should had seen my Auntie's face,when she had to present me the medals.She was the headmistress of BBBPS school.From then on until secondary school,I represented the school,as a right defender.
My player profile was a little bit of Roberto Carlos/Beckham/Mario Kempes.This was also why,the German youngsters liked me to be on their side when we play hall soccer for warm up,before our Karate training.
I think I had spent most my time outside,under the hot cancer causing sun playing soccer.In those days,there were no one who had the idea to threathen me/make money from health threats and fortune writings.We kids could live in peace and free from FEAR.Today there are people who had found a way to make a fortune by selling you FEAR/SHAME and GUILT.
To play any games is good for the health and later you will be rewarded.And it is also a way to detect youths who are secretly hooked on drugs/alcohol etc.
Ah before I forget.Your Dad used to "spy" on me when I played football with my indian friends,who are all older than me.This was also why I can always "Kautim"anyone older/taller and bigger than me,may it be words of mass destruction!!!!Like in the politics,there was someone defaming me to be a gangster because when I was a kid,I was very hot tempered,rough,fearless etc.I hate to be bullied!.These are the principles to be a good soccer player.You must not be lembek.And the most important thing in soccer,even if you are a rough dirty rascal,you still need to be disciplined and indulge in fairplay.How? You must take all the ketuanan and bumiputera out of you and just play good football.Everything is decided on the field and everyone can witness a very good player.This is one reason why Malaysian soccer can never achieve international level.In Brazil,most of the players are from poor families.Fighting spirit is already born into them.
When Brandon is a Pro,everything is free.The only thing that is not free is his Tax clearance!!!!!!
When I was a kid like him,I was so proud of the school team jerseys and my Adidas,sponsored from my school "cake money"

Vincent ckc said...

typarWhat I meant about the Malaysian national soccer team was,they were "mouth fed/silver spooned/mothered etc.In the days of Chow Chee Keong/Santokh Singh/Soh Chin Aun and a few indians,we had a solid team,able to take any challenges in Asia.The tiger at the chest was a tiger and not a kitten!!!!In 1972 Olympics in Munich and the first opening soccer game,Malaysia played Germany and lost 0-3.Later they lost to an arab team with a much higher score.In those days,already match fixing/under table payment?I don't think so,the ball is round.
Anyway,I had a chance to be coached by Abdullah Nordin,a relative from Abdul Rahim,our striker,for only one day.At that time the Malaysian team was under the coaching of Dettmar Cramer,a german soccer legend.He taught us a system/strategic way of playing.Before that we were running like chicken after a piece of worm.That year was written 1971,and I had just evaded the hurdle/trap of LCE.I think,I had looked into the books 2 or 3 months before the final countdown,the rest of my life,enjoying the sun and the fresh air.We could do it in those days,taking a deep breathe.Today one might make a devastating mistake and attract cancer!.Behind our SEA Park house were still rubber estates and there was a shaved hill,where we could hammer the ball against it/see who can kick higher and further.Higher meant the ball would be over the hill and we had to climb the hill to look for the ball.Quite thrilling for one might meet a python/cobra,hantu???between the rubber trees???.Further meant the ball passed over your head,behind you and you had to climb down the terrace shaved ground to look for the ball in the muddy longkang,constructed for the future.Anyway,I had seen Dettmar Cramer in an AD and there was an antigue sequence,where the scenery was for sure in KL,with the wooden goalpost and a malaysian player behind him.Till today I had always followed any golden laws from wise people and you will never see me kena sangkut.So what has this all to do with soccer,a young hatched chicken might asked an old man like me.Well,without a very good foundation,you can NEVER NEVER build a solid house.SO?????.In that year 1971,we had beaten many school district champions to be in the semi-finals.Should we had won,we would also lose to RMC,for we had no good goalkeeper.He was a very studious boy wearing specs in a match.With contact lenses,he had surely caught the ball.We lost by a goal.Unfortunately,our excellent goalkeeper,Asavathiam,a reserve in the national U-16 had failed his LCE.We called him spiderman,for he was very tall,his hands like orang utan,very long.Should he had repeated his LCE,but due to poverty,left school for work to support his family.Sometimes stupid things like books could cost a fortune for kids who have no special rights,no Ketuanan/Bumiputera/NEP etc.And malaysia had lost a great TALENT.If Asavathiam was born in Germany,He would had surely made it to the Bundesliga(German league).
This is why I like to see all those black and white photos of the 70's with lalang on the roadside.Today, the roads are kept clean,the lalang gone,BUT,into the head of the otak udangs.If my football captain were to tell me that he knew all my soccer secrets/profile,down to my underwear.Then I will advise him that all of us should go back to chilcare centers again and wear PAMPERS again,before we are bringing shame outside the team.My Pampers is not FOS and stinks!!!!.My Pampers is genuine.It simply means,political administrative Ministry performing excellent rectitude system.)BASTA!!!!!.

Vincent ckc said...

I really do not have a sense of knowledge,which HANTUS wrote the word "typar"in front of my WHAT,intending to make me topple over sensitive people,who have the same phonetic.Since we are Chinese,we must resurrect the Yin and Yang philosophie.Typar may also mean in cantonese,a lot of, a large sum of....Since today's Lotto jackpot is around 14 million Euros,lets make a hantu to an angel.So for the first time,I will not play exorcist and neutralize evil harm.Or else I will Hantus evil,(Hantam a nuisance,TAROK until silent).BASTA!!!!!!!!

Vincent ckc said...

Edith,I hope you are not teetered from reading.I had warned you!My Mum used to tell me that my mouth will not stop talking,even if I had kicked the bucket.Do you want to know how I answered her?"Ma,do you mean to say I can not die,I'm immortal?????".My Mum's hands were fast,but lucky me,I was even faster,I was a sprinter!!!!!!!.
I still can't get over the Adidas from Brandon.A real stylo!Maybe I should also get one and nail it on the wall,and keep on dreaming,like Alice.Who's that????.Nintendo kids might ask you.There is one a fairytale and two version of songs with Alice.One for those who want to go to heaven and one for those who want to go to hell.(living next door to Alice,Alice,Alice who's the ........is Alice???????).Heard that one?
P/s I was a good sprinter because I had to be faster than my Mum's hands.And a good soccer player cos I was always out in the fresh air,to avoid the sounds of mahjong and my Mum nagging!!!!!!!
BUT to tell you the truth Edith,some can type very well but refused to do it,and those like me who make mistakes in typing,is trying to.It is like a crippled on crutches trying to run after the NEP/NEM,but instead of crutches,they had carved my crutches into a pair of chopsticks,making my destination looked more a mirage.But to a Chinese,when we have chopsticks,we definitely have food!!!!!!!.This is why I had travelled like Marco Polo,only in the other direction,to look for a greener pasture,to my surprise,the Germans are less haram to me.When I was jobless,they gave me ketuanan like their own native,sent me to a technical school etc.Now I'm paying them back in the form of tax,all kinds of taxes.And it was worth it.Tak boleh kena sangkut lah!!!!!!.

Edith said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Edith said...

Brandon's football boots are Adidas F10 i TRX HG Juniors. It cost us $60. Check it out on the Adidas website. HD wasn't prepared to pay top $$$ for a pair of soccer shoes when he's only just started. Maybe in a couple of years' time when he gets better :)

Vincent ckc said...

I like the boots because of the "gift grĂ¼n farbe"(poison green colour).This was mostly diverted to the colour of cars,which most Germans dislike.But it is a trend colour in modern/designer/chic shops.In fact every weekdays when I walked pass,Pan Asia,asian food restaurant,I see this colour.They will be opening soon.Another trendy colour is cranberry purple.Our shopping complex,like the Ampang was the longest in Europe in 1970.They had upgraded it and there are a lot of stylo shops and my department is above it.Like in KLCC,you cruise down the elevator and you are in "Alice in Wonderland!",a shopping mall below.I guess I must be in heaven!!!!.

Vincent ckc said...

Here are a few soccer kids that Brandon should imitate.Madin Koroghli/Hassan Ayari/Lee Kang in/Kalani.Talent and skills are not heaven sent,years of hardwork and practice.Everytime I watch these kids perform in Youtube,my feet gets itchy.They have their idols like Zinedin Zidane/Lionel Messi/Ronaldinho etc.I just can not wait to watch World Cup 2010 in TV.

dano said...

Ah, soccer. I miss playing a lot. So is it "Blast it like Brandon"?