When it comes to argument and logic, we find that we can never win with Mr 'Smarty-Pants' Brandon. Here's why.
Today, daddy took the kids for a bike ride down the road to the park. Brandon chose to ride his scooter because there wasn't any air in his bicycle tyres. On the way back, they passed this house that has a little Jack Russell. Cute that he is, this little canine is uncontrollable.
When he saw them coming, he started barking and chasing them down the sidewalk. Brandon, being the overly dramatic one, as always, panicked and screamed. He ran and scooted, scooter flailing all over the place as if a T-Rex was chasing him. Of course, to everyone else, it was a funny sight...quite slapstick. Everyone had a good laugh at his expense, including little Miss Pint-Size (her story will be elaborated in a post of its own). He just went off his rockers and started bawling. This conversation ensued:
Daddy: Brandon, why are you so upset? That dog wanted to play with you that's all.
Brandon: But daddy, it wasn't playing. It was chasing me. I think it wanted to bite me. I can die, you know!
Daddy: You are twenty times bigger than the dog. By right, it should be more afraid of you.
Brandon: Easy for you to say that. You're born in the year of the dog. I'm not. So it's not my fault!
Daddy: ???
Brandon: Because you're born in the year of the dog, you're not meant to be afraid of dogs. But I'm not born in the year of the dog, THAT IS WHY I'm afraid of dogs!
Dumbfounded as we were with his explanation, and totally lost for words; we did have a good laugh in private with his comeback remark. With him, you just can't win. So we simply swallow the fact that it's our fault he wasn't genetically engineered to be canine-friendly and that he was born in the wrong year.
Here are a few pictures of him with his treasured Ripstik - a Christmas present from Uncle Heng Ing & Auntie Jessica.




2 comments:
Brandon should tickle that tiny "Killer" more often.This is the only way he can learn to sprint and run faster than the barking terrorist.It is a very good training for football.
When I was a kid,I did the wrong thing.I used to whacked the nose of these co-training gadgets with a very thick wood.At the end I had no training partner anymore and I was quite lonely.
By the way did someone said,"barking doggy seldom bite!".
A Pittbull NEVER bark and there is a great difference!!!!!!!.And a very good football player should be like a Pittbull.
Fault is an easy and lazy way to create BLAME,therefore creating another word for us,mainly,PROBLEMS!!!!!
But if we could battle our way out with simple words taught by our parents like,"oh I understand/sorry/thank you/excuse me/I beg your pardon etc,we are on the way to civilization and in a correct track!!!!!!!!
But my ironical and intuitive perception tells me that it is the civilize nations,that are the ones who are causing the most havoc in this planet.
Post a Comment