Saturday, July 24, 2010

Little Picasso


Each to their own. That's what I observe in my kids. All three are creative and love artwork, none so more than Alyssa. She can sit for hours (quite a feat for a four-year-old this long a time) to draw and create. I've collected a few of her best pictures and put them in her artwork folder, but took pictures anyway, just in case we lose her 'masterpieces' along the way.

Her art theme varies, but she loves most drawing her family and friends, doing happy things, like picking flowers, chasing butterflies and standing under the rainbow. However, there are days, when she chooses to draw one person and not the other. Fed-up of being asked, "How come I'm not in the picture?", especially by certain parent or grandparents who are neglected from her drawings whom I won't name, she would cleverly reply, "You are! You're in the house sleeping!" Lately, she includes a house in her pictures, so as not to offend, as displayed in her last two pictures above :)

I also love how she draws her daddy with glasses, and in one picture, mummy has baby in the tummy. No detail is spared.


Our house has turned into a little mini gallery. Whatever space she can find, you'll find some artwork of hers. On the left are pictures which she stuck on our bedroom door, to signify occupants of that room. Even our wall is not spared. I caught her drawing on our wall, but did not have the heart to clean it off, as that is her "growth measurement" wall as she explained. She wants to remember how big her hands and feet were at 4-years old :)

(Click on the pictures if you want an enlarged and detailed view. Thanks for looking!)

1 comment:

Vincent ckc said...

I can see that Alyssa is very talented.Like Chloe who can write very well for her age.I like her caricature,where I can see expressions of the characters she had drawn.Not everybody can draw a picture and the characters looked very lively and at 4 is really good.I really like her "slanky flowers".It is as good as Vincent van Gogh's "sunflower".I really like that one.
Take her to Art Galleries and observe her and then encourage her,but do not "push".Artist can only draw from their inspiration and emotions, a positive flow of energy coming out from somewhere,that makes the drawings so lively and admirable all the time.Mona Lisa is one of them.