It feels like it was only yesterday when I posted a blog about Alyssa's first day of school, and this week we celebrated the last days of school with end of year parties.
I've mentioned before that this is a bittersweet year for me. My little baby girl's first schooling year and moving on to primary school next year, but also my big baby girl's last year at primary school. It's hard for me to fathom that it wasn't that long ago she turned 11 years old; and when 2011 comes, she'll be in Middle School (lower secondary). My eldest baby girl is growing up. If only there is a way to keep them little babies forever....
There are two parts to this blog: Alyssa's Christmas concert and party and Chloe's Year 6 Graduation Party.
Here we have 'Abba'lyssa belting out some popular Christmas renditions and adding a fair amount of "joget" to it.
This is what Christmas attire is all about....polyester, frou-frou and anything glittery.
Baby parking and lounge area :)
Of course, after all that hardwork performing, it's time to sink her teeth into a good ole Aussie meatpie and loads of goodies that cannot be found in the food pyramid...yummmmm!
Santa Claus is here!! Darwin style, of course. In slippers and all :D
Getting the thumbs up from Santa for being such a good girl this year, and also scoring a pressie. Well done, Alyssa!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Chloe's Year Six Graduation 2010
The weeks leading up to her Year 6 graduation was quite an excitement for her. I was secretly hoping that she wasn't as I didn't want her to grow up that fast. She's still my baby. As nature would have it, it's beyond my control.
For months, she planned her outfit for the evening, the style of her hair and anything and everything leading up to that night on Dec 8th. The day came and got pretty emotional for me. Best thing to do was to hide behind my camera and capture as much memories as possible.
The BFFs. These girls are just inseparable. Well three of them anyway, because Emily is moving to Adelaide with her family end of the year.
(Lucy, Alice, Emily, Chloe)
All the handsome lads and pretty lassies sitting well and showing good listening as speeches and congratulations were made. At the presentation, I choked back tears watching a slideshow of all the graduating Year Six kids. I could still remember some of them together with Chloe in childcare and pre-school.
Of course there are those who are just bored silly......
.....EXTREMELY bored silly.....
....or just totally pooped out.
After much formalities, the party night begins with some last photos of the class clique and their teacher.






















1 comment:
I think I'm also growing up too fast.Can anyone please turn back the time and make me be a pampas shitter again?Maybe in Germany or Australia?
Post a Comment