Much as I enjoy photography, I don't think I can make a good photographer. I lift my hat to all the professional photographers out there on doing a great job. Why do I say this?
Well, taking family photos is not easy...especially when there are eight non-responsive littlies involved; who would rather do more fun things than have their picture taken. Since the whole family came together this Christmas season, we decided to have an updated Ting family photo session, considering also that we have the new additions of Hannah and Jordan. Of course, being the DIY family that we are, we chose to take our own photos. After all, why pay someone else to do something that you can do yourself, right? ;)
So, armed with our DSLRs, compact cameras and video cameras (hey, we gotta have back-ups of back-ups just to be safe) we took shots after shots of ourselves. I'm sure at least one will turn out right. Half and hour later and after about 600 shots between our cameras, only a few turned out OK. It is just too hard to coordinate everyone. If I was an expert at photo editing, I would splice the best of smiles and comprise them all into one good-looking photo. Unfortunately, I am not. The best I could do is to pick the shots with about 90% of smiles on the faces.
Proud Ah Kung and Grandma with their eight grandchildren. Four grandsons and four granddaughters. Just perfect. How lucky they are :)
The kids were initially good after some bribes, and also with us mums and aunties clicking and cackling away behind the cameras coaxing them to smile.
But after about fifty shots or so, no amount of bribes or silliness can perk up this bunch anymore. Just look at the desolation on their faces.












1 comment:
I do not think a Profi can do any better.Nice photos!.I really like the ones with the kids not smiling and were serious.Funny,Chloe looked prettier when she is not smiling.And Prince Hairy ist ganz cool!I hope that Brendan is still playing soccer like Brendan Gan and Abbalyssa still singing like Abba(?).Hey someone (a Brazilian colleague)gave me a pair of used drum sticks(not KFC!)without a drum set to practice.I accepted it with all my heart like someone giving his old Porsche car keys to me before re-cycling the old car!The mouse pads(computer)on a table,gives me a satisfied beat that will and can never get my neighbours annoyed!!!!!!!!!!!!
Post a Comment