Happy birthday our cutie little Jordan! Since his birth, I've been updating my blog monthly with his growth and progress. Today, he reaches his first milestone. YAY!
And look....a proper haircut. Now I can hear people saying, " Aahhhh, now he's more of a boy with this haircut." No more girly comments ;)
Following on from Alyssa's "brrrrrr" pool party, my whole week was choc-a-block with errands on top of my daily routine. Including dinner on Alyssa's actual birthday for the Ting family, getting ready for our trip to KL, kids' sports carnival and preparing for Jordan's first birthday party.
The whole day today, we had a few things going. Alyssa was meant to have a mini-competition and display at her callisthenics class, but she chose to go to her classmate's birthday party instead. So I had to spend the morning with her at the party, all the while my mind reeling with my errands and things to do for Jordan's party.
This time round curry laksa was the feature dish at our party. Of course, I would not leave out my famous oxtail stew. I also served up chow mein and fried rice for the kids, together with roast chicken and duck for those who can't handle spicy. As always, me 'one-leg-kick' with the preparation. Tell you something funny: The whole time while I was slogging in the kitchen (and supervising the clean up of the house) hubby kept asking me if I need his help. So I told him to get Baby J out of my hair and put him to sleep so that he'll be in a good mood for the party. Fifteen minutes later, I asked one of the kids to check if Baby J is asleep. Nope, but Daddy is!!! Some help.
Ta'da!! I'm finally confident enough to serve up my curry laksa. Delicious? In case you're wondering, this is typical Aussie style, disposable utensils. Eat then throw. No mess to clean up. As opposed to Europeans, where entertaining is dolled up to the max! Still, it's what's inside the container that counts :) Yummmm!
Cutie little Maddalyn. Her mum and I were pregnant around the same time. She's only older than Jordan by four months and they're no more little insy-teensy babies...
All the little party people....
With Grandma and Ah Goong. Baby J was not in a good mood that night (and we know why) so he didn't want to be held by anyone except me or daddy. Also, I subjected him to his 12 months needles the day before so perhaps he's feeling a bit sore and sookie.
Finally! A Malaysian convert. He's beginning to like spicy Malaysian must-haves such as curry chicken and laksa.
The moment everyone's waiting for. The Cake!
We chose a jungle safari theme for his party, and the cake matched our invitation. I specified for a tiger to be on top of the cake as Jordan's Chinese horoscope is the Tiger. That's me - being pedanthic about the significance of it all. But oh how I love this cake. It's the cutest ever!
Cutest cake to match the cutest baby with a cute monkey shirt. Actually that shirt wasn't my doing. Daddy picked it because Baby J has been a monkey all afternoon.
Do you think Miss Moo will want to be left out of a perfect photo opportunity? Definitely not! So here's a pose across our dining table with the gorgeous cake.
Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you,
Happy birthday darling Jordan.....
Happy birthday to you! Hip hip hooray! Hip hip hooray!
A gazillion atoms of saliva from everyone later, the One candle was finally blown out :)
Yes. Trust daddy to be in the extreme - using his 26cm, sharp-as-hell Wusthof knife to cut the cake.
I just have to add this picture in. Look at the frown on his face, as if he knows whats on the computer screen.
Happy First Birthday, our lucky last bundle of joy!
1 comment:
Happy birthday to you Jordan.I like the photo of you staring at the cake,like a "No Fear" brand.And I also like the parang that you are using to cut the cake.But most of all,I will surely like the laksa.Looks tasty from the photos!
Post a Comment