Saturday, October 1, 2011

Swim Fish! Swim!



End of September marks the end of term 3. The kids had their school concert and yesterday, Brandon's upper primary classes participated in the swimming carnival. When there's more pool activities happening, this also means the start of the build-up to the wet season!

The upper primary have been training for two months leading up to the swim meet. I'm a bit reserved with Brandon's aquatic abilities as most of the time when he's in the pool, it's all about fun water play. Nothing about strokes, kicks, form, techniques or speed. Since I'm such a supportive mother *eyes rolling*, I sweated it out between the day's humidity and the moist of the pool, to cheer him on. I got to the pool just in time for his first event, breaststroke, and witnessed him come in second. Yay! and phew! Luckily I didn't miss that bit. He came in third in his freestyle and freestyle relay. Both his dad and I are very pleased with his achievements in his first swim carnival as we're not a very sports-motivated family.

Waiting patiently for the freestyle event. Very well-behaved kids.




I'm loving the AV function on my camera. It's awesome to use in sporting events for sequential shots and not missing a moment of action.





Made it! No. 3!





Quick Kodak moment before his turn on the freestyle relay. Peace.





Great job, Brandon! Done well. Mummy and Daddy are so proud of you. xxxooo

3 comments:

Eva Lee said...

Well Done Brandon!! 3 cheers:-

Hip Hip....Hooray!
Hip Hip....Hooray!
Hip Hip....Hooray!

Vincent ckc said...

Somewhere around 1983
everyone were young and slim
sighted an ikan bilis,not in the sea
in a pool enjoying his swim

He glided in the waters of Bangsar
everyone were proud of him
his strokes,for him,nothing susah
to win a gold was also his dream

Dear Alyssa,Brandon and Chloe
try to make a guess and answer
who do you think this guy could be?
you have time till the end of the year.
P/S
Jordan have to wait
too young he is
I'll fix a date
nothing he will miss.

Vincent ckc said...

The last photo reminds me of our ikan bilis
still in the corners of my mind
you won't agree with me and this?
no oxygen in the brains,slowly getting blind??????

How about "the first time ever i saw your face" from Roberta Black?
Still can not remember?
..then Darryl Hall & Oates,"pick up the pieces!" and "jiggy sawwy" like they do in our Altersheim here for stamina and for the brains(in the drain?...in the longkang?..mana eh sai!!!).