Over the last four months, Brandon has been participating in the UNSW Global ICAS and the Australian Mathematics Trust competitions in various subjects.
Initially, he was a bit reluctant to do it because of the amount of pressure he witnessed us put on Chloe when she did it one time a couple of years back. So, with my fingers crossed behind my back, I told him that he can just do it for the experience, no pressure to score well. Just do his personal best. Little did I realise that he made a clean sweep of all the subjects we signed him up for and scored nothing less than a Credit!
We're so proud of our little nerd...err...I mean, little man :)
Here he is with his first result, a Distinction for Science as mentioned a couple of posts back.....
....Credits for Mathematics and English.....
....Credit for Spelling.....
....and the cream of the crop, High Distinction for the AMT Mathematics competition. These are awarded to the top 2% of students participating in the competition. In the whole of NT, only 18 scored High Distinction for Maths, two of them are primary students and Brandon is the only one from his school to receive this award.
Here is the video of his awards presentation given out by the Pro Vice-Chancellor of Charles Darwin University, Professor Giselle Byrnes.
His principal was so proud of him. She attended the presentation with us. The next day, she mentioned his achievements in the school newsletter and then again during school assembly.
Well done Brandon. Keep up the good work. You have done us really proud.
xxxooo
ps. now the pressure will be on for him to keep his standard or do better when I sign him up again next year! Muaahahahaha!







4 comments:
What a coincidence! I am watching a replay of a 2001 documentary about Down Under(not that one!)and part 1 a train travelling from Adelaide to Darwin.I think the name is "Ghan" or something.Part 2 a road train from Alice Springs to Darwin.And the train stopped at Katharine and something like Larrimah Hotel,where you can find a baby snake swimming in the toilet bowl(and when you are not quick enough with your bottoms up,your down under is in big trouble!)Wah! I can smell the 2 outback guys like our best salted fish(Mui Heong??)from the east coast.And then there are a few Takkok guys designing opals and pearls in their workshop in Darwin.Ooops!..I am out of the track!!!!
Congratulations Brandon!Well done!!!...GO FOR THE NEXT LEVEL!
By the way,what is that attractive lady(looked like the late Tina Onassis) talking about????? I only caught some words like "children,2dye!and that's all.I guess not so many.That is why they want to teach maths and science in another language instead of English.Now I know why!English so difficult to understand lah!
If Brandon is interested in Biomedical science and technology,Biopolis Singapore is the right place for him to do his research and experiment.Top scientists all over the world and pharmaceutical companies are doing their research there.
For example,stem cell research which is a problem in Europe due to their strict ethic laws.But if someone can cure their diseases,they are welcome.Double moral?
The sense of pride permeats the senses of everyone here. Well done, Brandon. Ganbatte kudasai - (Please keep up the good work!) Tai Pak Kong
"There is no master that had fallen from the sky,only through hardwork and dedication and the love for what he/she is doing" and Brandon,your very good results in maths and science is the gateway to your future success.
In the last century,someone wanted to invent a medicine and it accidently became the most famous soft drink.
Maybe someone can accidently spilled a tiny drop of this drink or the drink from the sponsor of Sebastian Vettel into a cancer cell and wait for the results.When it BINGO the next morning,dear Brandon,I am not interested of the money,I have my own.But do not forget to mention that it was the idea from your foolish great uncle.
Scientists are getting extract from the tropical forest to battle the cure of cancer.Why don't we do it the easier way and just go to the supermarkets to find the solution?Ah before I forget,do not mention the brand,just check out in your lab,what is inside these drinks.To skip the "all rights reserved" which is also giving me a geram,when I want to hear some songs in Youtube.You boleh ikut???
Post a Comment