Today marks the end of Harmony Week. It starts every 21st of March, and it's about celebrating cultural diversity; living harmoniously among all races, ethnicity and nationality. Today, the children are asked to wear their national costume or anything orange, as this colour is the symbol of harmony.
Alyssa, as always, was on top of business and prepared her outfit in advance. She told all her friends and teachers that she is going to wear this 'beautiful, maxi dress that is bright orange' which suits the occasion. Initially, I wanted her to wear a traditional cheongsam, but then suppose her choice is just as good, since there's batik print on it - a bit of Malaysian in there. Not too sure about her footwear though...pink and red? Hmmm.
"But mummy, these are all girl colours!" Oh, OK. Fine.
At assembly, Alyssa's class performed a Bollywood dance. I find it amusingly coincidental that she loves to dance to the rhythm of Bollywood. Perhaps it's because she is my most dark-skinned child and I'd nickname her little Letchumi sometimes.
Please excuse the shakiness of the video. It was quite a feat my balancing act - holding baby, while filming the dance, while preventing him from grasping my camera.
This video is of her che-che doing her Bollywood routine in last year's Celebrating Culture. Her che-che wore the matching sister dress.





1 comment:
Soleh sap pati ya? Had your meal?This Sony and UMG guys are too much lah,with their music all rights reserved.Porah!I can only see a black screen!I can only see chair chair bollywooding.What a pity.
Post a Comment