Would you believe that he's already eight months old? I'm still percolating the thought when my pregnancy test resulted in positive.
If there ever was a baby version of Top Gear, he'd be Baby Stig. He is crawling all over the place at top speed. One moment he's here...the next he'd be nowhere to be seen. He moves with great stealth too. I'm just too tired catching up to him. It seems like I spend most of my time looking for him and to make sure he stays out of trouble.
Just so you know what he can do: The other day, I was at the shops and I had him sitting in his pram. While I was perusing the product shelf, he squirmed in his seat and managed to wriggle himself out in between the front bar and the seat. He moved so stealthily, like 007, that I didn't know that he was gone. I did hear a continuous pitter-patter, though, and from the corner of my eyes, I did see something cross the aisle between the shelves. My initial thought was how come there's a cat in here? Then as I turned to push the pram, I realised he was gone! All this in a matter of seconds. Of course, when I found him two aisles away, I gave chase and he thought it was such a fun game and crawled away faster. Some other shoppers had a good giggle. I didn't think it was funny. Needless to say, he got very cranky and annoyed when I put his seatbelts on the next time. No more free sitting. That privilege is out the window, boy.
And here is a mugshot of the culprit.
I might add that he is very kepoh too. He has to stick his nose into everything. Checking out what's in these boxes.....pulling things out of my handbag....
Ta'da! His first hair cut, thanks to yours truly ;)
OK, OK, before you think or say anything, let me say this. I'm no Vidal Sassoon, I know. It's just that I'm not prepared to pay the hairdresser $20 just to cut a baby's hair, and it'll probably end up the same anyway considering he wriggles so much. So I caught him in a good mood in his bath tub the other day, and decided to chop off his locks! Well, mainly to keep his hair out of his eyes and ears. I kept his tail at the back though.
Consolation? Nobody asks me if he's a boy or a girl anymore. The distinction is there now. He's just my pretty boy :)
For some reason, he has this fascination on chewing tissue. Oh well, extra fibre in his diet.
He loves to play with everything black. Last time I remember reading somewhere that babies do not have a sense of colour. Their minds only recognise bold contrasts, such as black, white and red. Maybe he proves this as he sure gets attracted to anything black more so than rainbow colours.
I love this picture of him with the hairbrush, just like a crooner. Future Frank Sinatra?







1 comment:
Nice haircut.I saw his right palm,must be a happy go lucky guy like me in the future.
Post a Comment