Saturday, December 31, 2011

It's playtime!!

This Christmas, the kids received many terrific presents. A huge thank you to Santa, grandparents, po-po, uncles, aunties and cousins; also  the Chop Suey uncles and aunties for their wonderful presents.

As the kids are on their six week school holidays, I've limited them to opening their toys one at a time, spread over the weeks so that they spend more time playing with each of their toys; and this way, every present that they receive gets appreciated.

Here are some that have been opened and played with. Brandon grew up loving dinosaurs and was not much into cars or trains. Then Jordan came along and for some reason he just loves anything that rolls. As mentioned in some of my other posts about him, he truly loves the steering wheel...and "driving". So how appropriate that Santa got him this little wheelie rampway so he can pretend to drive and "vroom" the cars around with sound effects that he makes. Thank you to Alyssa for her little narration of 'how to play with Jordan's toys'.







He loves playing the rampway with the Discovery Airport from Auntie Kerry, Uncle Peter, Thomas and Sarah. Great imaginative and developmental play....especially when someone has a momentary personality snap and imagines himself to be Godzilla stomping on everything!







This would be the ultimate Lego set that Santa delivered to Brandon from the Star Wars range, Han Solo's Millenium Falcon. If you remember, previously I mentioned that I time Brandon on how long it takes for him to build a Lego set. Well, this one took him a mere three hours or so. He loves every moment of it. He could just sit there quietly building his Lego and he does it so well. Check out all the details in this set. I love the little computer console and it even has Luke Skywalker with an electronic blindfold, exactly from the scene where he was training with Obiwan Kenobi as soon as he realised he was a Jedi.





Then he also worked on his World Racers Desert of Destruction from Uncle Jadon, Auntie Jessica, David and Hannah. This one took him only a short time but he loves it. He loves the super-duper hi-tech roadtrain that supports the race buggies and carries all the parts and equipment for the racers. It even has a little fire extinguisher just in case the engine catches fire! Trust Lego to think up all these little details.



Now, I just have to mention our dear Miss Moo, Alyssa. Up until recently she has always been into her Barbie, Littlest Pet Shop, Hello Kitty and Strawberry Shortcake. Up until she discovered Monster High.....on Youtube! I thought I was a smart cookie already...googling new toys, surfing the net for reviews, comparing worldwide prices and trying to score a bargain online. Now my five year old even knows how to scout out new toys just by watching Youtube. She'd even show me how things work, how to play with them and even where to get them on the internet!

So, her latest fancy are these Monster High dolls. Initially, I wasn't taken in by them. I mean....they're not lollipop pink, glittery or princessy.....like Barbie. Instead of having princess names like Clarabelle, Annaliese or Seraphina, they have unsavoury names such as Clawdeen, Draculaura, Frankie Stein and Lagoona Blue. But these are the latest fad now and it'll be futile for me to talk her out of it especially when she knows which of her friends has exactly which doll(s). Of course, it's a matter of keeping up with the Joneses.



So you can imagine her delirium when she received the Monster High Hydration Station from us. Even HD and I got excited just watching her high with happiness when she opened our present to her. Later on, when I set it up then I can see why little girls are so taken by it......



It's actually a "bed" for Lagoona, the daughter of the sea monster. You can fill it up with water and it bubbles and lights up when you turn it on. Not a bad idea for a night light for the little ones. The tricky thing is that the doll doesn't even get wet!! How cool. OK. I must admit, even I love it now and play with her and the dolls sometimes.



According to Alyssa, this has to be her favourite one. I asked her why, and she said it's because she's dark-skinned like herself. Well, that's the reason she gave me when she pleaded for me to get it for her. But I think it's the boots this doll is wearing that sold it!



Happy playtime everyone!




2 comments:

Vincent ckc said...

Allysa in wonderland.Her advantage is she can play with Jordan and Brandon's toys.
Ah,how nice to be a kid again.Even if it is only playing with marbles rubberbands and tops.

Vincent ckc said...

I love observing ppl,especially young kids and to study their behaviour.
So this year I bought a Playmobil camping van with all the objects,ppl,bicycles etc,for Allegra to see how far she could go.At the end,her auntie and grandma and they had spent quite some time trying to fix the parts together in a gotong royong manner.
But before the whole show,she opened Emilia's toy with joy,something like a roller coaster made of wood and with 4 cars.After playing with it,not even 10 minutes,Allegra kissed her sister,a sign of thanks and appreciation,I guessed(you could see the joy in their face),for the smaller one can say,"meine!" and "nein!",if she wanted to and she has temper,quite pedas.Ah what,both have pedas temper and they won't even care if Angie was around.This is in the family's cloaked DNA.
And when,Zenaida wanted to have the Smarties from Emilia,you just heard "meine!".She would grin,make naughty faces playing with her large eyes,both looking sidewards,from one corner to the other.She would," choi leh toh nyong!",for some time and avoid your coaxing and pleading and just leaning and rubbing her back against the sofa,like a cool overgrown baby.
And then all of a sudden,walked to Zenaida to give her all her Smarties,walked back and positioned herself back to the sofa which is about 2.5 meters away,smiling like she had donated to UNICEF's call.
By looking at the pictures in your Blog,and all the joy of your kids,could not stop me blocking myself to share the joy of Christmas with you and your family.The bigger the family,the bigger the joy of course.I hope.