Busy, busy, busy. That's what it's been like for us the last two weeks or so. As mentioned in my previous post, we've had activities after activities: family visiting from interstate, then we went off to Bali for a week for a wedding and holiday (blog post will be up later), then back for Sarah's birthday party the day after we returned, then came the Christmas festivities.
On Christmas Eve, we had a family reunion dinner at Ah Goong's and Grandma's house, followed with the the Ting sons each making a speech and then all the cousins doing some Christmas carolling. (Please pardon my bad singing. I was holding the camera filming, so I guess my voice was captured the most).
The night before Christmas.....
The kids prepared the tree laden with presents from friends and family afar. Chloe hung up each of their stockings with a twist - the stockings each have pictures of the four of them so Santa would know which is whose. They also diligently laid out snacks for Santa, as they always do every year. Even the reindeers were spoilt with my beautiful chinese cabbage leaves!
Christmas morning.....
I was actually dreading for some shrilly voice to wake me up at an ungodly hour to open presents. However, I was pleasantly surprised that we all managed to sleep in till about 9am. The first thing the kids did was to check whether Santa left them any presents; and found that their kind gesture was paid off. Despite the mount of wrapped boxes beckoning them, they managed to keep themselves under control to brush their teeth, get dressed, and took some photos (pre-present unwrapped ones) before they went into a presents-opening frenzy.
I guess you can practically sum up what delirious looks like...especially when you receive what you want on your Christmas list :)
Even Daddy had his fair share of thrill with Boney M, compliments of Chloe.
Christmas day.....
We headed out to Uncle Peter's and Auntie Kerry's house for lunch and to spend the afternoon swimming. As usual, the first thing the kids did was to check out the Christmas tree, all decked out with presents. The poor tree looked 'flooded'. Mind you, this is a massive tree!
As usual, we were served with a smogasbord of food enough to feed a small army. With Uncle Peter nothing is ever lacking.
Our little Don Johnson. Teehee.
After lunch, the cousins obediently posed for some photos before getting into the presents. I must say again, the children are very well behaved this time round; all patiently waiting, taking turns receiving and opening their presents from the youngest to the oldest. Although, you'll notice little Hannah helping each and every one of them open their presents. Doing a great job there, Hannah!
Oh my God!! It shoots too!
To ward off the summer's heat and humidity, the kids and dads all headed down to the pool and had a good swim and waterplay. It was a perfect day. Cyclone Grant was predicted to hit and perhaps spoil everyone's Christmas but luckily it spared us and headed inland where it downgraded to a tropical low.

Boxing Day.....
On Boxing Day we headed out to Uncle Rod's and Auntie Mai's for a breakfast do. It was great catch up and get together. More gift giving and presents receiving.
At the end of the two days over Christmas, my house now looks like a mini toy store. What you see here is only half of it! Sigh. But then, with our Bali holiday, cousins visiting and having events happening, the kids are having so much fun and loving it. As Alyssa puts it, "This is the bestest Christmas ever! I wish we can have a repeat button and I can press this day over and over again."





























1 comment:
Water pistol and Boney M.....what happened in Bali?Did somebody ate beef in a Hindu island full of mystic? Aiya...kenot lah!!!!
I thought Marusha 1997 at area 51 and Scooter-how much is the fish is the sound and Paintball is the name of the game on a neutral ground.
Anyway I also ate something haram and is into oldies from Dionne Warwick 60's stuff instead of 50 cts,Nelly and Notorious B.I.G...Aiya..sometimes I miss Flo Rida 54321 too!!!!!!!
Post a Comment