Saturday, July 25, 2009

Happy Birthday Po-Po!


Happy birthday to mum and po-po.
Hope you have a wonderful birthday today and may all your wishes come true for you.
Lots of love, hugs and kisses from all of us.
xxxooo

13 comments:

Vincent ckc said...

Edith maafkan saya sebab saya selalu potong jalan dan menggunakan bloks silat harimau,keluarga saya.(are U try'in 2 bloggi'n my kaki?)
Tausende Herzlichen Glückwünsche zum deinem Geburtstag Irene und tausende mehr in die Zukunft wünschen wir,Zenaida,Jeremy,Salena,Sophia,Allegra und ich aus Hamburg,Deutschland.Lots of love and tenderness from us up here in the north.
I would also like 2 dedicate two songs 4 U.
Get the party started from Pink and "U R the sunshine of my Life(our lives),from Stevie Wonder.
u enjoy listening,and I enjoy saving money for presents!This guy is really KIAM SIAP???
Please do not blame me.Also do not "blame it on sunshine".
Blame it on that guy Bill Gates!Just look at his name.Before he was born his parents had already Downloaded him with Ideas and innovations(to us plain cash)
All his bills to and from us are safe and gated.
I'm a follower of Confucius(actually his die hard fan)and I had already warned Danny not to name his son Hok Ki En Glish.It may sounds groovy for christian guys,BUT be careful----ask him when you see him!
My advice,for a cute daughter name her Moni Moni(gangsters rapper slang for money!)
And for a handsome son,JOHNNY CASH!!!!!!!!!
P.s Edith Po-Po is Hokkien and in german it means Buttocks.THIS NOT A JOKE!
In cantonese the sound should be like this with a tender embrassing R,POR POR.
The best and right pronounciations are the german and malay.I'm not saying it because I'm 25% germanised.!!!!!

Edith said...

Your point noted, professor! I did have por-por at first, but at one glance at the title it looked like "poor poor" which I'm sure mum would NOT appreciate.

The thought that Kung Fu Panda's name is Po also crossed my mind, but please don't liken mum to Panda.

Just because she's practising "Silence is Golden", doesn't mean she's not reading my blogs and your comments. Know Rockwell-MJ's "Somebody's Watching Me"? HAH! She could be watching you right now.

So don't call her "buttocks" or she'll take you for another bicycle ride and drop you in the longkang again!! :) :) :)

Edith said...

The Chinese Phonetics (hanyu pinyin)for grandma 婆婆 is po po. The Cantonese pronounciation is por por. Sprahen Sie Deutsch? Nein!
P.s. I also have a shopaholic in the house. I prefer to call her oniomaniac!

Tai Pak Gong

Vincent ckc said...

Germans used to ask me where I'm from.So I told them that I'm from Malaysia and I'm a Chinese.This is when a confusion will arise.
"you mean you are a Chinese from China,"they politely corrected me.
"NO!,I'm a Chinese from Malaysia,"I replied.
"Du meinst,Du bist ein malaie,geboren in Malaysia!"(you meant that you are a malay born in Malaysia!)
Germans!always wanting to be 1000% perfect in everything!!!!!
Then I will look at the sky,universe,heaven etc!,searching for help from my Mentor,my Tai Kor,the famous ancient chinese Google!
Confucius says,"if anyone ask me stupid questions,do not be ashame to give him stupid answers."
"Yeah you are right,how come you are so intelligent?",I replied with my tongue tied up like a knot.
"I thought I could pull your legs!"
I was really not disturbed from the germans.Until a Penang guy told me,"you don't smoke and gamble,you are not 100% a chinese!"
Even my Lotto endeavours was not credited as a major gambling event!
Lately I checked out in my birth cert to my surprise,the islander was correct years ago.
My mum was a Hokkien and my dad a Kheh stated in my birth cert.So?
I'm just a Hokkien song(Hokkien Kheh)and not 100% chinese!
Is it so important?
(I can't spend my whole life being a colour,"MJ Black and white")
Peace,love, harmony and unity to all MO TAK TENGS at home and abroad.Prodigy?????????

Vincent ckc said...

P.s Shopaholics are the people who upkeep the nation's economy or shall I say the world's economy due to globalisation.
And then there are the other ones who prefer to swim in still,stagnant,and deep waters.Like the present financial crisis,financial turmoil,financial downfall,call it whatever you like.The economy is so still and stagnant and they are in deep deep trouble is the result.
If no one wants to consume,how to do business?All sorts of businesses will fall one by one.No way?
In a world of the free market,we must spend freely.Like a prodigal maniac.
It is as simple as the saying,"one hand washes the other".
Verstanden! Oder soll ich nochmal erklären.

Lee Y K said...

Ich bin eine Chinesisch. Whether we are Malaysian Chinese, Hongkong Chinese, American Chinese, Australian Chinese – ich bin eine Chinesisch –says it all! It is difficult to define, but the spirit and characteristics of a Chinese can only be seen in the way the Chinese harmonise with nature to survive in this earthly world, and the Chinese have successfully accomplished this mission in the last 5,000 years. To Chloe, Brandon and Alyssa, Po Po is an institution – and I interpret this as the true Chinese spirit that fills the air. Edith has fond memories of her grand parents who came from China. And she is making the best of two worlds bringing up her offspring in an environment where the best cultures are free to be nourished. The Germans believed that they are a superior race, and I firmly believe so. This is amply demonstrated in their success in all fields of human progress. But when it comes to harmony with nature, the Chinese are MTT (Moh Tuck Teng) and this is their great formula for survival.

Vincent ckc said...

I really do agree when it comes to Harmony,to take care of the eldest especially the very old parents,grandparents,the Chinese are MTT.This is an instinct inflicted to them when they were babies.It is their love for harmony with the nature that drilled them to be very humble,polite,educated and a very good citizen of any country they live in.
The other races should take an example from them.For example the Germans? All Germans?We only have a minority of Germans who think they are a superior race and they call themselves the NAZIS.It means National and Social and they do not breed with other races.Like the KKK,they adopt the same ideology(Ku KLUX KLAN).Their mission,institution,spirits are shared amongst other nationalists of other races all over the world.I call these Barbarians idiots!!!
The Germans Nazi Goreng does not even make up of 0.7% in the polls.We are living in the 21'st century and the Germans of today are more educated,broadminded,liberal,humour loaded than some nationalist of other races in this world.
By the way if a war broke out between mainland China and nationalist China,where should we stand.On which side?
Ich bin auch ein Chinese,soll ich einmischen?(I'm also a Chinese,should I interfere?
Slowly and definitely I'm losing my faith into believing that the Chinese are so harmonious with the nature(sounds like they are so peaceful).
Confucius say,Mind your own business and start rehearsing your Hokkien song for the next chinese singing contest!

Lee Y K said...

A simple birthday wish from the grandchildren of a Po-Po down South, has now developed into a lively discussion of Chinese culture between a Germanised Malaysian Chinese in Deutschland and a 70-year old Malaysian born Chinese in Kuala Lumpur. The Chinese have a history of 5,000 years evolving different schools of thought for the governance of the human society. But whatever form of governance, there is always the good and the evil, and no form of government can actually lead us to the state of Utopia. The basic thoughts of Confucius are well expressed in his piece – 礼运大同篇。“When the perfect order prevails, the world is like home shared by all…Book IX The Commonwealth State, the Record of Rites”. The high moral standards of Confucius in 三纲五常,四维八德are merely high sounding principles. There is still no magical formula to deal with human weaknesses such as greed and lust. The Koreans and the Japanese subscribe to the thoughts of Confucius and we can feel the effect of such teachings in their society. Nationalist Chinese and Communist Chinese are now coming to terms, in fact, President Hu of Mainland China has sent a congratulatory message to President Ma on the latter’s election as the President of the Nationalist Party in Taiwan. The Chinese will always find a way to enter into conflict before entering into a struggle and finally recognize harmony.

Vincent ckc said...

Please,please do not stop sending your feedback to us.I had threw the first stone and I had expected to get pebbles and rocks thrown back to me.This is the only way to spice up Edith's blog.This is my way of baiting a person through provocatve issues!
Some people use music to provoke but I can only use my mouth and my writings.
Further more I can take punches,not only sending my punches to my opponent.
And as a true chinese by the heart,it is my nature to be humble and polite to the others when they are expressing their opinions.I'm not a dictator or a chinese warlord.But there must be also a space for me to express my views!
I really enjoy knowing more of the chinese history and culture.A chinese educated friend of mine told me that the Chu dynasty was one of the most merciful dynasty and the Chin,was the most brutal chinese dynasty.As a chinese illiterate,I can only listen to him

Vincent ckc said...

For a break,I think all of us should watch SEPET from my favourite Malaysian director,the late Jasmin Ahmad.
Maybe we can learn something from her.This will be my third time watching it in youtube!

Lee Y K said...

This grand uncle has gone through life in a most unique way and I am sure if he were to pen his experiences and thoughts, it will become a best seller! Let's see the next posting of Edith before the grand uncle throws more pebbles!!

Vincent ckc said...

I hope President Hu of mainland China really meant what he had indicated in his Greeting card,and not using it as a political tactic.
Because we know that,sometimes words have two meanings.
In Hokkien we have a word for it,Hai Si Lang,quite similar to a Backstabber.
The Germans had already united for almost 20 years now,I think it is time for the Chinese and then the Koreans.
Or they must listen more often to John Lennon's song,Imagine!

Vincent ckc said...

Right on!,we are now in the same track,true chinese,communicating like our ancient ancestors,leaving our descendants later with a very rich History in bloggin,chinese style.
If someone really make it to a bestseller.Maybe we can help Edith to buy her dreamhouse from the profits.Not a bad idea!
Comments are there for us to leave an opinion,whether good or bad,serious or funny.
If we can never accept critics,we will never improve.If we refuse to listen,we will never understand,if we do not provoke,we will never get a feedback.
This boring way of life will make me go nuts.Some people think that I'm a "Soh Chai"because I act and write nonsense.I can also be serious if I want to.
One of the unigue gift that God and my chinese ancestors had given to me is to communicate.
Whether by a phone,E-mail,bloggin or sitting in the mamak stall.
Whether at work,at home or in a hospital,I try to make the people laugh when an opportunity is there for me to strike.
I always try to be precise and accurate like the germans,therefore resulting in a 25% germanizing process.But I'm like an EGG,outside white and inside,the yolk,yellow.
I try to behave like a westerner but inside,I'm a chinese,maybe not pure,but a chinese.!
I did not even have a choice to choose my parents neither did I have a chance to decide whether to be welcome in this world.!
Should I had kicked the bucket in 2005,I think,for some they are happy to be freed from my "Banzai!"and for the rest a tremendous loss.
Maybe.