Wednesday, July 22, 2009

I'm In Love...

... with this house :)

Yes. It has come to a point where my obsession with this house has become a love affair. I'd go that extra three kilometres out of the way, just to drive by it. I'd surf it on realestate.com at least once a day. When there's house opening on the weekends, I'd be there just to savour in the feel of the house.

We've seen many houses. Old houses. Renovated houses. Brand new houses. Only this one hits the spot of perfection and everything that we want in a house. Good location, on the marina (if only we have a boat - that'd be a nice accessory to the house); not too much gardening space so less lawn to mow, and no gardening mishaps!!! Hehe. I'm sure some of you can recall the little accident I had in the garden a couple of months back :)


The layout of this house is beautifully planned out. Very practical and yet makes full use of the surrounding scenery and landscape. The finishings are exactly how we like it. It even has a walk-in pantry and a cold room! Bonus!
It is down the road from Grandma and Ah Koong's house...around 30m's away...baby-sitters in the vicinity. YAY!



There are five large bedrooms and one study/office. Enough rooms for us all and overseas visitors. Best of all though, there are three large bathrooms. Coming from a one bathroom and three small bedroom home, this is a luxury....especially when we have to fight for the toilet constantly. A bit of a pain in the butt (pardon the pun) when the youngest one is potty training and she gets priority....that is if you don't want to clean up her mess!



Oh well. One can only dream a good dream. It would've been ours if we had won the $90M lottery. If we wanted it we could still have it, but we would have to sell at least one of our children to pay for this house :) Find out how much here.

7 comments:

Vincent ckc said...

Waaaah this must be the house that Jeremy was telling me a few weeks ago when he was sending catering food to a very rich german guy."papa!this guy in a white modern house(german houses very conservative and dull)with 3 luxury cars in his garage.Only two adults with no kids around in such a big white modern house."Papa! such a big house,only him and his wife!"
Now I know what they did to their children,maybe also to their parents and siblings!!!!Such a big house?
Anyway I 'm sure we are family because we seemed to have the same taste,you ,who else?,Jeremy,Salena and me.And now at least I know why I had been playing Lotto since 1974 with limit.Some people will call me a gambler because I do not know how to play in the stocks exchange like the Lehman brothers etc.
Ah ! some people said and requested that buying stocks is not gambling.Lotto is!
Funny thing,both these two playfool games are dealing with numbers and digits!And one can either win or lose and it involves money.
Hold on! wait!Momento!let me think.There is a good and a bad in money investment gambling.Like there is a satan and a hyprocrite,or a satan and a devil?
ACHTUNG!(Attention in german).This means to say money laundering is not dirrrty money after they had undergone proper cleaning????I'm really too stupid for this present world.Maybe when I'm re-born again,I'll understand better?Boleh ikut tak?Capricorns bolehhhhhhh!!!
So if I do not want to cheat people,con or sell my kids,for my dreams,I have to Sin and Gamble in Lotto or try the stocks for a change.
Every week I crossed my very best and correct numbers but the Lotto guys seems to be drawing the wrong numbers!
So how to own that house in Darwin.Even I had fall in love with that house.This is the real White House lah,and not that one in Washington.The one in Washington looked more like a Mausoleum in white!A very big one right?
When was the last time that I was wrong?
OK! OK! the Lotto numbers,but that is Gambling!
Don't count want lah!

Vincent ckc said...

Ein habe ich noch!(I have one more)I only got the yellow card or already red?Don't blame me if you do not have anymore space in your blog.In PJ when I was young----they used to call me Mo Tak Teng,in english No can blog.oops sorry,I mean block.
Whether going to parties,crash parties,functions or discos,the one and only must be present.Sometimes I got lost in their houses,especially when they have many levels.Going for a pee is better outside in the garden.At that time I always wondered, how come the chicks have so rich parents.And when their parents were away for holidays overseas,we had house storming and parties.
Your white house brought memories back to me.What a fantastic view of the sungai or is it a big drain?
Who needs a big garden,we are not camping outside right?
And the nice platform where we can park our malaysian style sampans or the iban longboat.
And when a salty comes for dinner,we golok him first and marinade him with a mixture of samble paste,a fine touch of vanilla cream and durian sauce,soluted into an orange and pineapple finishing for the croc steaks.Boy!What a sadistic taste.
And the Mahjong table for your mum outside the house just at the right spot with a lovely view of the resuidents opposite and across the river.
An un wanted guest like a red bag in the garden will be tacked with a large logo,Gucci!
Imagine grilling Lacoste steaks,watching the sunset,burning red orange in colour.Feeling the evening breeze caressing our fine hair on our arms and while waitng for the evening darkness to come,gently closing our eyes,feeling the tenderness of this sweet dream
And as we float away we keep on holding to this dream,a never ending story,sweet sweet dreams.
Like the old love song,dream,dream,dreammmm.Dream , dream,dreammmmm.
Suddenly!an irritating sound from your Nokia bursting into your ears.
"Mom is dinner ready,we are on our way,we are very hungry!"
Sitting in the same old kitchen,coming back to your senses,the white house was only a sweet dream.Like my mum used to tell me,"Chong stop building castles in the air!"she cried.
"Do your homework right now!
When your results are good and you become a doctor,you can own a big house,a big car,a big wife and BIG BIG PROBLEMS!
Sometimes it is better to dream,to be on a safe side.The end.

Edith said...

Aiyoh! Uncle Chong!! I have to spend the last half hour trying to regain myself from laughing too hard before I can write this. YOU ARE TOO FUNNY!!

Wah! You banyak sibuk when you were YFS (young, free and single) huh? Going to all these girls' houses when their parents are away. Is one of them Teresa? Hehehe ;)

Too bad Steve Irwin is not here anymore....but wait a minute! I can get the Malaysian/German version of Steve Irwin to help wrestle us a salty. On the one hand, he can whip us up some delicacies with his wrestling prize AND also make us a few red bags from the sungai. But I don't want Gucci....I want Choocci!

dano said...

Picture perfect! 1000 sq m! cool. Without converting to RM, I'd say it's better value than in Malaysia.

Edith said...

$2.2M is a lot to ask in our opinion, considering the house next door only sold for $1.35M. On the water, also with 5 bedrooms. Dunno how the vendor came up with the extra $900K. Greedy, I'd say.

Vincent ckc said...

A confession from a want to be "tak kok chai",who works very hard when there is an assignment to do,and "easy living"when there is nothing to do.Hey! is it my fault????
Furthermore I'm a supervisor to 3 kwailows and a turk.But funny thing,I'm their boss,but I work more than them.Working for the public service,you have to find ways to kill your time,or the time will kill you for waiting for the bell to ring.Anyway my boss told the turk,when he came for an interview last year."If everyone works like Herr Choo,we will not have any problems in our department".
What a way to pull my legs!
You know what to confess?Almost everyweek,I ventured into real estate in Hamburg although I have no hopes.But no one can blog my dreams!It is real nice to study houses and apartments.And I love to dream of cars and everyweek,I'll buy 2 Auto magazines and click to my dreams and serve my way in my world of Bits and Bytes(bites),some sort of self esteem,kopi tiam style!
You know what Autos fits in this residence?A Lexus 450h Suv,an Audi A5 station wagon(coming soon in 2011)and a cute Honda Jazz or Fit as they are referred to in other countries.Other options are Toyota urban cruiser and the Avensis in case of family expansion!
And there must be change in the interior for the bathrooms and kitchen.I prefer german designs!And the floor must be in grey and not shinny.Different shades of grey tiles and not marble floor!Sonst alles OK!
Dressings?of course from Boss,Joop and Jill Sander.
Shoes maybe from Jimmy Choo if he have men's shoes or else Armani and my 3 top designers from Deutschland.
Watches at the moment only from festina.Not because they are cheap but their designs can overthrow the other oldmen wathes like Rolex,Omega etc.
Parfum of course from Christian Dior(I'm using it right now,no doubt I'm not a millionaire yet.YET!
My shower gel always Aigner since my XXX faded away in 2002.
Don't you think all these accessories matches your dreamhouse?
Lets make a bet,you cuba(not that poor country)!your Aussie Lotto and I will cuba my deutsche Lotto and see who will get that white house first!!!!!
You know what is really disturbing in that house?The batu caves staircase lah!!!
But what is exciting?
The foyer(corridor)! When a robber enters the front door,and me coming from a swim in the mini "Koi"pool at the other end.I have a safe distance of about15 metres? 20?
I can play with him "catching",catch me if you can!
Before he can move 3 steps,I'm already in the panic room,jamban!!!!
And if we run 3 rounds,I'm sure I will have at least a lovely photo of him to be downloaded in the youtube.How? you do it lah!
This all happen in your dreamhouse what!

Vincent ckc said...

The garden is so clean and well kept.One can even see a pen or a pin from the well trimmed grass,from the sitting room,if someone had dropped it or lost it.But if you notice a 5 metres Didgeridoo with a snake design,with one end like a head of a snake and the other end pointed.
Confucius said,"Do not trouble,TROUBLE,until,TROUBLE,troubles you"
Don't even bother to register your 5 metres Didgeridoo in the Guiness book of world record.
It is an aussie(orr see,berak)king cobra,one of the most poisonous snakes around,after a VIAGRA stint,chewing the left-overs from.Your kwailoh neighbours,from their wild hot summer s--ocial parties!
And if you discover one of them with a solid stiffen neck like the Didgeridoo snake design.Do handle him with care or you might break his neck.
He had just chewed his VIAGRA instead of swallowing it!!!!!!!